Friday February 9, 2007 - 9:00 a.m.
Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce
Matt Cybulski, Brad Allamong, Nikki Kayal, Martin Christ, Ro
Brooks, Wally Venable, Brenda Walker, Chuck Joseph, Ralph LaRue,
Paula Martinelli, Anthony Giambrone
- The minutes from the January 12 MRRCC
meeting, as well as the minutes from the January 31
Summit planning meeting were reviewed. Wally motioned
they be accepted as presented, Ro seconded. The minutes
were approved unanimously.
- Kristian was unable to attend the meeting,
but once Matt hears an update from him, he will pass it
along to the rest of the committee.
- Ralph mentioned that he and Frank
discussed the committee's concerns that this is not a fly
fishing crowd. We need to stress to them that tail water
fishing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and mountain biking
is more appropriate to the crowd. Perhaps they can
present items within these categories.
Update on out of town speakers
- The Chattanooga rep still has not provided
a price to Ralph, but it should be around $500.
- We are still waiting on figures for Audio
Visual equipment at the hotel.
- Also, if Tom Murphy attends, will he
charge an appearance fee?
- It was suggested that we include the price
of parking into the registration. We will look into this.
- It was also mentioned that Nikki's name
appear before Don's on the registration form for
- The committee decided to offer a
lunch-only registration (for $20 or $25). Matt and Nikki
will make the appropriate additions to the registration
Break-out session discussion
- The committee is comfortable with the
names mentioned on the Flip Chart page &ndash Matt
&ndash copy those into these minutes.
- Matt is still in contact with the Governor
and will notify the committee of any updates.
III. New Business
IV. Other Business
- For the 2006 recap (9:00-9:30 on the
agenda), Brad asked that Don, Jambie, and Chuck provide
information to Brad and Wally for a PowerPoint
presentation. This information is to include data,
pictures, and other related material. Wally will put the
data into graphs for the presentation.
- Chuck is to forward DEP's website to Wally
and Brad for data and a possible river map.
- Wally and Matt are to send Brad the
electronic postcard and message so Brad can include it
into the Chamber's e-newsletter. Brad will also include
the DEP 2007 Mon River Sweep information in the
- Next planning meeting will be Friday
February 23 at 9:00 a.m.
- The next regular MRRCC meeting will be
Friday March 9 at 9:00 a.m.
- With no further business, the meeting
adjourned at 10:02 a.m.