Minutes - MRR&CC Meeting
August 12, 2005 9:00 a.m.
Present: Don Strimbeck, Paula Martinelli, Scott Rotruck, G.
Thomas Bartlett, Ken Mabery, Randy Stovall, Meredith Pavlick,
Wally Venable, Kristian Jamieson, Frank Jernejcic Joe Duperre,
Deborah Adrian, Matt Cybulski, Brad Allamong
- Wally's website is up and running. The address is
- Minor changes were made to the July 20th minutes and then
- Brad thoroughly explained that every attempt was made to
contact elected officials and outside experts for the
summit, but they could not make it. He stressed the fact
that the summit has been postponed, not cancelled.
- Wally felt that the summit needs to be showcased better
in order to attract local officials and congressmen.
- Scott and Brad will discuss the future summit with
representatives from Congressman Mollohan's office.
- Brad suggested that we look toward spring for the summit.
Right now, the aim is for late March or early April. Joe
Duperre will check the availability of the Radisson.
- We're now aiming for Congressmen Mollohan and Murtha,
along with Governor Manchin. We'll try to get all 3 but 2
out of 3 will be acceptable for the summit.
- The summit does not necessarily have to be held on a
- It was also suggested and agreed upon that if the
Governor cannot make the summit, we would like to have
him to a video presentation/speech feed, either live or
- The feeling is that once we have a tangible product,
we'll be able to attract solid sponsorship. The sponsors
will be recognized on registration sheets, on
advertisements, etc. The committee continues to want to
keep the registration fee at $25.
- Over the coming months, the CVF will continue to improve
upon agenda setting, minute taking, and related issues.
- Frank suggested that the committee improve upon inviting
representatives from other communities and counties along
the river, especially folks from Fairmont/Marion County.
- Don suggested that we invite local officials to MRRCC
meetings, have them commit to attending the summit, and
use their feedback while planning the summit.
- The committee needs more private sector representation at
- Kristian will send out a draft of the By-Laws through
e-mail for everyone's review and comments.
- Paula has volunteered to take the minutes of future
meetings and distribute them. Wally volunteered to be
webmaster for the committee. Both of these positions will
be volunteer positions until the By-Laws are adopted and
formal appointments are made to these positions.
- There will be a special meeting held on Friday August 26,
2005 at 9:00 a.m. at the Chamber of Commerce. This
special meeting will focus on:
- staffing (agendas, minutes, finances, etc.)
- Vision, Goals/Objectives
B. Timetables/Specific Responsibilities
- who is pursuing key speakers
- Invitation (lists, etc.)